Translate

Thursday 3 December 2015

Living on credits

Month end is coming, some pending plans started rolling back. I have to buy this first, no yr that is more important, let's buy this first. Oh friends have been asking for the b'day party since 15 days, lets plan a small party. And then next day 'blink-blink' SMS came, bank's notification of salary. Facial expressions changing, irritation, frustration all started taking over. Why it is always less than the expected amount. And again change of plans, this I will buy later, that I can't afford right now and story goes on monthly.

This should be the story of every middle class salaried employee, if I am not abnormal in particular. I have been trying to manage my monthly expanses for last 6 months now, but nothing is altered so far. Every coming month I think of cutting faltu expenditure, but it looks like nothing is unnecessary. After one week of rich life, pockets looses their weight and three weeks of a long wait for the same blink blink SMS notification.

This can't go on and on like this, unplanned & yet important stuff can knock anybodies door anytime and can't be put on hold every time. If this would be the time in 90's, I would approach any reliable friend of mine to lend me some money. May be asking for money in need, sometimes it is okay, but monthly no way. I wouldn't ask and he won't give either. Fortunately 90's are gone and banks came to rescue with the credit cards.



With this my waiting period for the salary is no longer an issue, but life without problems is boring and credit cards brought one more problem with them. I started buying everything on credit, which I used to postponed earlier . consequently monthly expense have gone up and the salary, which used to last for a couple of weeks is lasting even less now.

Mahesh Dangi

No comments:

Post a Comment